Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Introducing: Innovative Tuesdays

There's something about human beings that makes us want to create and label. Fashion Designers give their own labels to the clothes they make. In a similar fashion (I love puns) organizations give their products brand names. I suppose it makes sense when you look around you and everyone else looks different. We might share similarities but we all have unique qualities. This concept of personalization will be the focus of this post. But first I'd like to define the two words:


innovative: (of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original
personalization: design or produce (something) to meet someone's individual requirements


The feature today is The Magical Story Machine via Springwise. The latter featured 4 other personalization businesses but the story machine stuck out because it's a simple yet innovative method on personalizing an age old phenomena, the bedtime story.




Two years ago, armed with more than enough bags of shopping in my hands, I stopped by a bookstore to buy what I thought was cutest, quirkiest story book for my cousin. It was something about the life size illustration on display that drew my attention. But then when I gave the story book to my cousin, I didn't get the feeling that it was the best gift he had ever received. In other words, I don't think he even read it. What's the point of my story?



I think he would have preferred a personalized version of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment