Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Introducing: Wednesday's Design

ketOkay, as the title suggests, today is a design day and I couldn't be any happier. We all know design has many forms. There's interior design, graphic design, fashion design, web design and even product design. The list goes on. I like all forms of design because I am truly inspired by art and the expression of people/places/things through the different forms of art, design and media. I'm not your typical artist but I like to paint from time to time. Give me a sketchbook and you'll be my new best friend. That's why I'm excited about this post.




Introducing "The Sketchbook Project," a project that invites people from all over the world to be a part of a sketchbook collection that will be exhibited in these venues and then finally housed in the Brooklyn Art Library.

You sign up for the project by first ordering a sketchbook on the website. It costs $25 to participate but that shouldn't stop you from getting involved. You get to pick the theme of your book as well as the option to digitize your art (an extra 20). I like the fact that your book can be tracked.

I'd love to participate in this project, will keep you posted if i do. If all else fails in the world of advertising, I will become a glorified artist-cum-film director.

No comments:

Post a Comment